Amandine Orsini is professor of international politics at the Université Saint-Louis – Bruxelles since 2012. In 2009, she completed her PhD in Political Science/International Relations at Science Po Bordeaux. During her PhD, she was visiting fellow at Keele University (10 months, Marie-Curie fellowship) and at Warwick University (4 months, Garnet fellowship). After her PhD she obtained two post-doc contracts including a research mandate at the FNRS (Belgium research institution) she spent at the Université Libre de Bruxelles. In 2011, she developed part of her research at the Graduate Institute of Geneva (one month, COST action IS0802 fellowship).
In 2019-2020 she is visiting fellow at the European University Institute (Florence, Italy), and assumes short-term visiting professorship positions at Science Po Grenoble (France) and LUISS (Rome). Amandine co-organises the WIRE workshops (Workshops in International Relations) and coordinates the Jean Monnet Module (2016-2019) on EU environmental policies and law POLLEN (http://www.usaintlouis.be/iee/2732.html).
- Orsini, Amandine (ed.) 2014. The European Union with(in) International Organisations. Commitment, Consistency and Effects Across Time, Farnham, Asghate.
- Morin, J-F., Orsini, A. & Jinnah S. 2019. Global Environmental Politics: Understanding the Governance of the Earth. Oxford University Press.
- Orsini, A. & E. Kavvatha (eds.). 2020. EU environmental governance: current and future challenges. Routledge.
- Morin, Jean-Frédéric, Amandine Orsini (eds.). 2020. Essential Concepts of Global Environmental Governance, Abingdon, Routledge. Second edition. Recent Articles
- Orsini, A, & P. Le Prestre. 2019. Complex Systems and International Governance. Forum introduction. International studies review. https://doi.org/10.1093/isr/viz005
- Orsini, A. & Godet, C. 2018. Food Security and Biofuels Regulations: the Emulsifying Effect of International Regime Complexes. Journal of Contemporary European Research, 14(1): 4-22.
- Orsini, A. 2018. Short Games Series as New Pedagogical Tools: the International Relations Games Show, European Political Science, 17(3): 494–518.
- Orsini, A, Louafi S., Morin J-F. 2017. Boundary Concepts for Boundary Work Between Science and Technology Studies and International Relations: Special Issue Introduction. Review of Policy Research, 34(6): 734-743.
- Orsini, A. 2017. The negotiation burden of institutional interactions. Non-state organizations and the international negotiations on forests. Cambridge Review of International Affairs, 29(4): 1421-1440.
- Morin, J-F, Louafi S., Orsini, A. & Oubenal, M. 2017. Boundary organizations in regime complexes: a social network profile of IPBES. Journal of International Relations and Development, 20(3): 543–577.
- Orsini, A. 2016. Do Non-State Perspectives Matter for Treaty Ratification and Implementation? The case of the European Consultation on the Nagoya Protocol. Environmental Policy and Governance, 26(5): 377-393.
- Orsini, A. 2015. Why and How Should the Commonwealth of Nations Engage in the Access and Benefit-sharing Issue? The Round Table: the commonwealth journal of international affairs, 104(4): 505-507.
- Morin, Jean-Frédéric, Amandine Orsini. 2014. Policy Coherency and Regime Complexes: The Case of Genetic Resources, Review of International Studies, 40(2): 303-324.
- Orsini, Amandine. 2013. Navigating the Regime Complexes for Forestry and Genetic Resources. Global Environmental Politics, 13(3): 34-55.
- Orsini, Amandine, Franck Biermann. 2013. Transparency as a governance mechanism. International Studies Review, 15: 579-581.
- Orsini, Amandine, Daniel Compagnon, 2013. From logics to procedures: arguing within international environmental negotiations, Critical Policy Studies, 7(3): 273-291.
- Morin, Jean-Frédéric, Amandine Orsini. 2013. Insights from Global Environmental Governance. International Studies Review, 15: 562-565.
- Orsini Amandine, Jean-Frédéric Morin, Oran R. Young. 2013. Regime Complexes: A Buzz, A Boom or a Boost for Global Governance? Global Governance, 19 (1): 27-39.
- Morin, Jean-Frédéric, Amandine Orsini. 2013. Regime Complexity and Policy Coherency: Introducing a Co-adjustments Model. Global Governance, 19 (1): 41-51. Recent Book Chapters
- Nguyen, A. D-X. and A. Orsini. 2019. The environmental and health impacts of chemical spraying: can law protect victims? The case of agent orange. In S. Negri (ed.). Environmental health in international and European law, Giappichelli-Routledge Studies in Law, 331-345.
- Gupta, A. and A. Orsini. 2017. Liability, Redress and Cartagena Protocol. In El Morgera and Jona Razza (eds.), Biodiversity and Nature Protection Law, Edward Elgar, chapter 32.
- Orsini, A. and Nakanabo Ndiallo, R. 2015. Emerging Countries and the Convention on Biological Diversity. In Lesage, D. and Van de Graaf, T. Rising Powers and Multilateral Institutions. Palgrave. 258-279.
- Orsini, Amandine, Sebastian Oberthür and Justyna Pozarovska. 2014. Transparency in the Governance of Access to and Benefit Sharing from Genetic Resources. In Aarti Gupta and Michael Mason (eds.). Transparency in Global Environmental Governance: Critical Perspectives. Cambridge: MIT Press: 157-180.
- Orsini, Amandine. 2013. The role of non-state actors in the Nagoya Protocol negotiations. In Sebastian Oberthür and Kristin Rosendal (eds.). Global Governance of Genetic Resources. London: Routledge: 60-78.
- Tienhaara, Kyla, Amandine Orsini and Robert Falkner. 2012. Global Corporations. In Biermann Frank and Philipp Pattberg (eds.), Global Environmental Governance Reconsidered, Cambridge: MIT Press: 45-68.