Leandra Gonçalves is a Ph.D. in International Relations at University of Sao Paulo (IRI – www.iri.usp.br) in Brazil. She holds a B.Sc. in Biology (Pontifícia Universidade Católica de Campinas, São Paulo – 2004) and a M.Sc. in Biology and Animal Behavior (Universidade Federal de Juiz de Fora, Minas Gerais, Brasil, 2007). Currently, she is a researcher at Oceanographic Institute (University of São Paulo). She also has been working as an Associate Researcher at the Center of Environmental Studies and Research at University of Campinas (Nepam/Unicamp) with the Brazilian Platform of Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services (BPBES).
She is lead author of the latest UNEP report – Global Environmental Outlook 6. As a research fellow for the Earth System Governance project, she is working with other colleagues for the development of a PainelMar in Brazil with the general aim of bridging knowledge networks for better ocean governance. Also, on the international level, she is part of the Ocean Governance TaskForce with other colleagues which seeks to address the daunting multi-level challenge of oceans governance in the Anthropocene. Main research interest are on science and policy interface, policy design and institutional diagnosis under the environmental governance aspects.
- GONÇALVES, LEANDRA REGINA. Is power listening to science? The ICCAT and the Eastern Bluefin Tuna Case (2004-2014)’. AMBIENTE E SOCIEDADE (CAMPINAS), 2019.
- TORRES, P. H. C. ; RAMOS, R. F. ; GONÇALVES, LEANDRA REGINA . Environmental conflicts at São Paulo Macrometropolis: Paranapiacaba and São Sebastião. AMBIENTE E SOCIEDADE (CAMPINAS), 2019.
- BARROS-PLATIAU, A. F. ; GONÇALVES, LEANDRA REGINA . Antarctic and ABNJ in the Anthropocene: challenges to the sustainable management of marine genetic resources?. AMBIENTE E SOCIEDADE (CAMPINAS), 2019.
- SANTO, E. ; YOUNG, O. ; GONÇALVES, LEANDRA REGINA ; WEBSTER, DG ; TILLER, R. . Protecting Biodiversity in Areas Beyond National Jurisdiction: An Earth System Governance Perspective. Earth System Governance, 2019.
- GONÇALVES, Leandra Regina. The role of Brazil in the International Commission for the Conservation of Atlantic Tunas (ICCAT). Revista Brasileira de Politica Internacional, 2019.
- GONCALVES, L.R. (2018). Organizações regionais para o ordenamento pesqueiro: o poder ouve a ciência? Carta Internacional.
- Gerhardinger, L. C., Gorris, P., GONCALVES, L. R., Herbst, D. F., Vila Nova, D., De Carvalho, F. G., … & Zondervan, R. (2017). Healing the Blue Amazon: The role of knowledge networks in nurturing cross-scale transformations at the frontlines of ocean sustainability. Frontiers in Marine Science, 4, 395.
- Franklin, W.; Franklin, T.; Jenner, C.; Jenner, M.; GONCALVES, L.R. Leaper, R.; Brooks, L. and Clapham, P. 2008. Photo-identification comparison of humpback whale (Megaptera novaeangliae) flukes from Antarctic Area IV with fluke catalogues from East Africa, Western Australia and Eastern Australia. J. CETACEAN RES. MANAGE, 17, 1-7.
Associated Crosscutting Themes Power Knowledge Scale Associated Analytical Problems Architecture Agency