- Obani, P.C. 2018. Strengthening the Human Right to Sanitation as an Instrument for Inclusive Development. Taylor & Francis (CRC Press/Balkema): Leiden.
- Obani P., Attah M. 2018. Expropriation under the Land Use Act 1978: Is grazing a public purpose? Nasarawa Journal of Public and International Law, 5(1):2019-221.
- 3. Obani P. 2017. The National Health Policy 2016: A Missed Opportunity for Advancing the Human Right to Sanitation for Nigerians? ESR Review: Economic and Social Rights in South Africa, 18(2):5–8.
- Obani P., Gupta J. 2017. Inclusive development as an imperative to realizing the human right to water and sanitation. Journal of Sustainable Development Law and Policy, 8(2):67-86. Doi:10.4314/jsdlp.v8i2.4.
- Obani P. 2017. Inclusiveness in humanitarian action: Access to water, sanitation and hygiene in focus. Current Opinion in Environmental Sustainability, 24:24-29.
- Zwarteveen M., Kemerink-Seyoum J.S., Kooy M., Evers J., Guerrero T.A., Batubara B., Biza A., Boakye-Ansah A., Faber S., Flamini A.C., Cuadrado-Quesada G., Fantini E., Gupta J., Hasan S., Horst R., Jamali H., Jaspers F., Obani P., et al. 2017. Engaging with the politics of water governance. Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Water, 4, 6.
- Obani P., Gupta J. 2016. Human right to sanitation in the legal and non-legal literature: The need for greater synergy. Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Water, 3(5):678-691.
- Obani P.C., Gupta J. 2016. The impact of economic recession on climate change: Eight trends. Climate and Development, 8(3):211-223. Doi:10.1080/17565529.2015.1034226.
- Obani P., Gupta J. 2015. The evolution of the right to water and sanitation: Differentiating the implications. Review of European, Comparative & International Environmental Law, 24(1):27-39. Doi:10.1111/reel.12095.
- Obani P., Gupta J. 2014. Legal pluralism in the area of human rights: Water and sanitation. Current Opinion in Environmental Sustainability, 11: 63-70.
- Obani P.C. 2014. Review of the National Climate Change Commission Bill, 2008. NIALS Journal of Environmental Law 3(2276-755X):26-55.
- Obani P., Fagbohun O. 2013. Exit, voice and indifference: Case study of consumers in the Nigerian global systems for mobile (GSM) service market. University of Benin Journal of Business Law 1(1):115-137.
- Obani P., Ogbodo S.G. 2013. Strengthening the national institutional framework for environmental migration through sustainable development. Hong Kong Law Journal 43(3):897-916. Chapters in books
- Obani P., Gupta J. 2016. Human security and access to water, sanitation, and hygiene: exploring the drivers and nexus. In Handbook on water security Eds. Pahl-Wostl, C., Bhaduri, A. and Gupta, J., Edward Elgar Publishing, Massachusetts.
- Obani P., Gupta J. 2014. The human right to water and sanitation: Reflections on making the system effective. In The global water system in the anthropocene: Challenges for science and governance Eds. Bhaduri, A., Bogardi, J., Leentvaar, J. and Marx, S. Springer Verlag, Cham. Encyclopedia entry
- Obani P. 2019. Waste Reduction and Sustainable Development. In: Leal Filho W. (eds) Encyclopedia of Sustainability in Higher Education. Springer, Cham. Book reviews
- Obani P. 2016. Water and cities in Latin America: Challenges for sustainable development, by Ismael Aguilar-Barajas, Jürgen Mahlknecht, Jonathan Kaledin, Marianne Kjellén & Abel Mejía- Betancourt (eds). 2015, hardback, 282 pages. Routledge, Abingdon, UK ISBN: 978-0-415-73097-6. Water Policy 18(1):251-254. Doi: 10.2166/wp.2015.13.
- Obani P. 2015. The human rights to water and sanitation in courts worldwide: A selection of national, regional, and international case law, WaterLex, 2014, ISBN: 978-2-940526-00-0. International Environmental Agreements: Politics, Law and Economics, 15(2):237-239. Policy briefs
- Obani P., Gupta, J. 2016. Access to Sanitation, SDG Policy Brief #1 (Amsterdam: Amsterdam Institute for Social Science Research (AISSR), University of Amsterdam)
- Gupta, J. et. al. 2014. Sustainable Development Goals and Inclusive Development, Post 2015/UNU-IAS Policy Brief No. 5 (Tokyo: United Nations University Institute for the Advanced Study of Sustainability) Working paper
- Patterson J., Schulz K., Vervoort J., Adler C., Hurlbert M., van der Hel S., Schmidt A., Barau A., Obani P., et al. 2015. Transformations towards sustainability: Emerging approaches, critical reflections, and a research agenda. Earth System Governance Working Paper No. 33. Lund, Amsterdam: Earth System Governance Project.
- Obani P., “The role of international environmental law”. Presented at the Conference on Decarbonisation Pathways for Nigeria: Promoting Sustainable Renewable Energy-Related Foreign Direct Investment held in Norwich on 8 July 2019.
- Obani P., Okunrobo H. “Critical reflections on combating trafficking in human organs in Nigeria” Presented at the 41st Annual Conference of the Nigeria Society of International Law held in Benin on 23 – 24 November, 2018.
- Obani P. “Localising the international human rights to water and sanitation: Case study of Benin City”. Presented at the 3rd University of Benin Annual Research Day 2018 held in Benin on 25 -26 October 2018.
- Obani P. “Legal and policy implications of the prohibition of same sex unions”. Presented at the University of Benin Centre for Gender Studies 4th International Conference on Gender held in Benin on 23 – 24 September 2018.
- Obani P., Ogbodo S.G. “National development and security anchored on deregulation of exploitation of natural resources in Nigeria.” Presented at the Nigeria Association of Law Teachers Conference 2017 held in Awka on 11 – 16 June, 2017.
- Obani P., Gupta J. “Human rights and access in earth system governance: Case of sanitation.” Presented at the Earth System Governance Conference 2014 held in Norwich on 1 – 3 July, 2014.
- Obani P. “Legal pluralism in the area of human rights: Water and sanitation.” Presented at the European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes 2014 held in Bonn on 23 – 26 June 2014.
- Obani P., Gupta J., Fagbohun O. “The human rights to water and sanitation: Willingness to pay amongst poor and vulnerable groups.” Presented at the Global Water System Project 2013 held in Bonn on 21 – 24 May, 2013 (Invited).
- Obani P., Gupta J. “Climate change and recession: Eight trends.” Presented at the Earth System Governance Conference 2013 held in Tokyo on 28 – 31 January, 2013 (Invited).
- Akwuebu E., Obani P. “Regulatory framework for the management of electrical and electronic equipment (EEE).” Presented at the Electronics Goes Green Conference 2012 held in Berlin on 9 – 12 September, 2012 (Invited).
- Obani P. “National Climate Change Bill 2008: On the path to energy technology and infrastructure for sustainable development in Nigeria.” Presented at the 5th Annual NAEE/IAEE International Conference held in Abuja on 23 – 24 April, 2012.