Given the postponement of the 2020 Bratislava Conference until September 2021, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Conference Team offered authors of accepted paper submissions from the first intake the following options:
- to retain their paper submission as ‘accepted’ for presentation at the 2021 Bratislava Conference on Earth System Governance.
- to update or amend their abstract submission but undergo a second round of review in the second intake.
- to withdraw their submission on the Oxford Abstract portal, in case the author did not wish to attend the 2021 Bratislava Conference.
If you are the author of an accepted paper from the first intake, but have not made elected a choice below, we provide you with a final opportunity to select your preferred option until the 10 December 2020, by following the procedure below.
If we have not received a response from authors of accepted papers (first intake) about their preferred option by 10 December 2020, we will consider the submission withdrawn.
Procedure for selecting an option above
In order to select any of the options listed above, we kindly ask you to login with your Oxford Abstracts account using this link https://app.oxfordabstracts.com/login and select the 2021 Bratislava Conference to access the abstract(s) you submitted for the Conference.
Please note that your submissions for the 2020 Bratislava Conference now show up as incomplete and are marked in red. Please click the abstract submission title, for which the details will be made visible, and proceed to click Amend on the top left menu.
From here, we kindly ask you to scroll down the page and answer the question marked in red Conference Postponement – Options for Abstract Submissions, which will include the options above.
If one of your submitted abstracts was rejected, this submission will show up in the list as well as incomplete, but you do not need to follow up with anything in this regard.
We kindly ask you to indicate your preference by 10th December 2020. If we have not heard from you by this date, the submission will default to the withdrawn option.
For authors wanting to update or amend their existing abstracts, these abstracts will be automatically transferred to the second intake, upon which authors can update and amend before submitting their paper for a second review.
For any other questions relating your submission, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (please mention your submission ID).
Full panel proposals
Given the postponement of the 2020 Bratislava Conference until September 2021, the Conference Team offered conveners of full panel proposals the same options as for authors of accepted submissions:
- to retain the full panel proposal for the 2021 Bratislava Conference on Earth System Governance.
- to update or amend the existing panel composition, although new or amended paper submissions will undergo a review in the second intake.
- to withdraw the full panel proposal, in case you do not wish to attend the 2021 Bratislava Conference.
For the 2021 Bratislava Conference, we now accept new full panel proposals, as well as adjustments to already existent panel proposals. Please note that new papers in the second intake can be added to already proposed panels.
If you have not notified the Conference Team of your preferred option above, please email email@example.com