The Early Career Researchers Network of Networks (ECR NoN) facilitates cooperation between early career researcher organisations worldwide. We aim to ensure effective participation of the early career community in international research activities and beyond.
The Earth System Governance Research Fellow Network is represented in the ECR NoN by Dhanasree Jayaram (Manipal University, India), and Leopoldo Cavaleri Gerhardinger (Campinas State University – UNICAMP, Brazil).
The goals and objectives of the ECR NoN are to:
- Connect early career researcher organisations across the globe and serve as a platform for them to coordinate, (re)present, exchange information and share experiences on issues of early career researchers (ECRs) and their professional development;
- Break silos across disciplinary backgrounds to engage with interdisciplinary issues to identify and engage with collaborators across disciplines and interact with academia and non-governmental organisations (NGOs);
- Provide early career researcher opinion in international interdisciplinary initiatives such as Future Earth, the International Council for Science (ICSU), the International Social Science Council (ISSC) and other relevant groups and organisations
- Facilitate the inclusion and influence of early career research professionals in global science-policy fora and promote opportunities for participation in these and tackling specific ECRs challenges;
- Facilitate the uptake and impact of research by engaging with external partners.