Biodiversa+, the European Biodiversity Partnership, has announced a 2021-2022 joint Call for Transnational Research Proposals on “Supporting the protection of biodiversity and ecosystems across land and sea” is now open.
This call aims to support transnational research projects (3-years duration) addressing one or more of the three (non-exclusive) themes below:
- THEME 1 – Knowledge for identifying priority conservation areas, establishing effective and resilient ecological networks, enhancing species-based protection and preserving genetic diversity
- THEME 2 – Multiple benefits and costs of biodiversity and ecosystem protection: synergies and trade-offs
- THEME 3 – Effective management and equitable governance to deliver bold conservation outcome
Projects combining aspects from several themes are encouraged. This call is focused on the protection of biodiversity in the wild. This does not, for example, include efforts for restoration of habitats and species, or ex-situ conservation.
The call covers all environments, i.e. terrestrial, freshwater and marine. It also covers research on biodiversity conservation in the Outermost Regions (ORs) and Overseas Countries and Territories (OCTs) of the EU.
- Launch of the call: Friday 01 October 2021
- Deadline for pre-proposals submission (mandatory): Tuesday 30 November 2021, 15:00 CET (local time in Brussels)
- Deadline for full-proposals submission: Thursday 14 April 2022, 15:00 CEST (local time in Brussels)