Call for papers
The Law for Social-Ecological Resilience Conference invites paper submissions on issues and topics related to law and social-ecological resilience, further described under “Conference theme”.
While the theme is broad, the organisers wish to stress that the conference is not about law and environmental management in general, but on law for social-ecological resilience. Under “Programme”, a non-exhaustive list of sub-themes and issues is provided. The conference is forward-looking, so in addition to highlighting problems and analysing concerns, papers are welcome also to identify solutions and innovations.
The deadline for submission of abstracts of papers is 8 August 2010.
- The abstract must include a title and full contact details (name(s), email address(es), telephone number(s), fax number(s) (if available) and postal address(es).
- The abstract must not exceed 500 words (strictly enforced and taken into account in the evaluation).
- If more than one author of the paper, indicate who will make the presentation at the conference.
Possible issues and topics:
- Law and ecological tipping points
- Law and environmental management: prescriptive or enabling?
- Law and marine ecosystem adaptive management
- The rule of law: legal certainty vs. flexibility and adaptability?
- Private property, state sovereignty and common-pool resources
- Resilient legal structures for transboundary watercourses
- Biodiversity law and ecological resilience
- Law and multilevel governance of ecosystems
- Controlling corporations across borders
- Democratic governance in crises: its impact on the legitimacy of law
- Global concerns: legislating climate change in pursuit of resilience
Participants are invited to suggest also other relevant workshop topics along the theme of the Conference.
Please send your abstract by email titled “Abstract Law & Resilience” to Cajsa Martinsson at cajsa [at] stockholmresilience.su.se.
Conference Website: http://resilience.juridicum.su.se/