We are looking for an experienced secretary for the Earth System Governance International Project Office. The Earth System Governance Project is a global network for collaborative research on the governance dimensions of global environmental change and earth system transformations. The International Project Office is the focal point for management and administration, as well as for the communication and network development efforts of the Earth System Governance Project.
The secretary will be a core staff member of the Earth System Governance International Project Office, reporting directly to the Executive Director, and work closely the Regional Research Fellow Coordinators. This international research administration position includes two distinct areas of work: network coordination and administrative support.
Your task will include:
- Administrating the network, including maintenance of network databases;
- Liaising with the Regional Research Fellow Coördinators and the global network of Research Fellows;
- Monitoring and reporting of the activities in and by the network;
- Implementing strategies and procedures to strengthen and encourage engagement in the network;
- Serving as secretary to the Oran R. Young Prize committee;
- Collecting and curating content from and for the network for internal and external communication.
- Administrative support to the office, including archiving, document handling, processing of email and phone calls, purchasing, room reservations, travel arrangements, scheduling, copy-editing, etc.;
- Administrative support to the Earth System Governance Taskforces;
- Content curation for various websites related to the Earth System Governance Project;
- Logistical and administrative support to internal and external meetings and events, including the annual conference on Earth System Governance;
- Liaison with and primary point of contact for all relevant entities at Utrecht University on administrative matters.
We are looking for an experienced secretary in an international environment with the following requirements:
- Ability to multi-task with shifting priorities and tight deadlines, and an eye for consistency and detail;
- Very good skills in all MS Office software and knowledge of common online tools (for instance Slack, Doodle, Mailchimp, Survey Monkey, GoTo Meeting, etc.);
- Excellent language skills in English;
- Willingness to travel sporadically.
- Experience in an administrative role at Utrecht University or another Dutch university;
- Additional languages are appreciated;
- Experience with communication activities such as, website content management, social media, or graphic.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
We offer a 0.5 FTE position starting 1-5-2019 until 1-1-2024 with a trial period of two months. The gross monthly salary – depending on previous qualifications and experience – ranges between €2,261 and maximum €3,052 (scale 7 Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities) for a full-time employment. Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8 % of annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3 % of annual salary per year. We offer a pension scheme, (partly paid) parental leave, collective insurance schemes and flexible employment conditions (multiple choice model).
Facilities for sports and child care are available on our main campus which is located only 15 minutes away from the historical city centre of Utrecht. More information is available at: working at Utrecht University.
A better future for everyone. This ambition motivates our scientists in executing their leading research and inspiring teaching. At Utrecht University, the various disciplines collaborate intensively towards major societal themes and the university is committed to a strategic orientation on four overarching themes: Pathways to Sustainability; Institutions for Open Societies; Dynamics of Youth; Life Sciences.
Utrecht University has been ranked first nationally in the 2017 Academic Ranking of World Universities, and 47th globally. The city of Utrecht is one of the oldest cities in the Netherlands, with a charming old center and an internationally oriented culture that is strongly influenced by its century-old university. Utrecht has been consistently ranked as one of the most livable cities in the Netherlands.
The Faculty of Geosciences conducts education and research concerning the geosphere, biosphere, atmosphere and anthroposphere. With a complement of 2,600 students (BSc and MSc) and 700 staff, the Faculty is a strong and challenging organisation. The Faculty is organised in four Departments: Sustainable Development, Earth Sciences, Physical Geography, and Human Geography & Urban/Regional Planning.
The International Project Office of the Earth System Governance Project is hosted by Utrecht University, Faculty of Geosciences; the Copernicus Institute of Sustainable Development; the Utrecht University Strategic Programme “Pathways to Sustainability”; and the Utrecht University Strategic Programme “Institutions for Open Societies”.
For more information please contact: Ruben Zondervan (firstname.lastname@example.org).