I am interested in Natural Resource Management and protection. Currently, I am involved in different research projects tackling natural aqueous systems and emerging pollutants. This leads me to study hydrogeochemistry. The aim is to develop methods that can qualify and quantify the different parameters involved in the natural aquatic systems considering different climate or seasonal conditions. The hosts such as the particles and colloids are important factors. Understanding the interactions in between the hydro and physico-chemical parameters can help in understanding the natural aqueous systems better. The results of the studies are good inputs for resource protection and management. These will aid in policy-making as well. I am also into capacity and competency development projects that aims to assess and draw strategic responses on areas that has vulnerable natural resources brought about by the changing climate and urbanization. My next target is to work on projects that dwells in technology development of renewable resources that can be accessed by the grassroots and communities.
Brief CV (Education)
|Doctorate in GeoRessources, Patrimoines et Environnement
(High Honorable Mention/Mention Très Honorable)
Sciences et Technologies, Université de Bordeaux, France
|PhD Thesis: Monitoring emerging pollutants (trace metals, drugs and pharmaceuticals, hormones) in surface waters using in-situ sampling devices in an urban context. France and Philippine Natural Surface Water Cases: Jalle River and Bordeaux Lac (France) and the Pasig River.|
Master of Science in Geography
CSSP, University of the Philippines (Diliman), Philippines
|Master’s Thesis: Assessing the Role of Landcare in Enhancing the Adaptive Capacity of the Communities of Claveria, Misamis Oriental, Philippines to Climate Variability.|
Bachelor of Science in Economics
University of the Philippines (Los Baños), Philippines
Major: Natural Resource Economics
- Peyraube N, Lastennet R, Villanueva JD, Malaurent P, Denis A. (2017) Decomposition of CO2 in Lascaux Cave. Advances in Karst Science. Eurokarst 2016. Neuchatel. DOI 10.1007/978-3-319-45465-8. ISBN 9783319454641. http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007%2F978-3-319-45465-8_19
- Peyraube N, Lastennet R, Villanueva JD, Houillon N, Malaurent P, Denis A (2016) Effect of diurnal and seasonal temperature variation on Cussac Cave ventilation using CO2 assessment. Theoretical and Applied Climatology. DOI: 10.1007/s00704-016-1824-8. http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00704-016-1824-8
- Villanueva JD, Granger D, Binet G, Litrico X, Huneau F, Peyraube N, Le Coustumer P (2016) Labile trace metal contribution of the runoff collector to a semi-urban river. Environmental Science and Pollution Research. DOI: 10.1007/s11356-016-6322-0. http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11356-016-6322-0
- Villanueva JD, Le Coustumer P, Denis A, Abuyan R, Huneau F, Motelica-Heino M, Peyraube N, Celle-Jeanton H, Perez TR, Espaldon MVO (2015) Trends of labile trace metals in tropical urban water under highly contrasted weather conditions. Environmental Science and Pollution Research. DOI 10.1007/s11356-015-4835-6. http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11356-015-4835-6
- Peyraube N, Lastennet R, Denis A, Villanueva JD. (2014) Interpreting CO2-SIc relationship to estimate CO2 baseline in limestone. Environmental Earth Sciences. DOI 10.1007/s12665-014-3316-4. http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs12665-014-3316-4
- Villanueva JD, Le Coustumer P, Huneau F, Motelica-Heino M, Perez TR, Materum R, Espaldon MVO, Stoll S. (2013) Assessment of trace metals during episodic events using DGT passive sampler: A proposal for water management enhancement. Water Resources Management Journal. DOI: 10.1007/s11269-013-0401-5. http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11269-013-0401-5
- FAO Expert Workshop on Indicators for Assessing the Contribution of Small-Scale Aquaculture to Sustainable Rural Development. 2009. FAO Fisheries and and Aquaculture Resport No. 952. FAO-UN. Rome. Published 2010. FIRA/R952. ISSN 2070-6987. ISBBN 978-92-5-106704-8. http://www.fao.org/docrep/013/i1898e/i1898e00.pdf
- Villanueva JD, Espaldon MVO, Lasco RD, Perez RT, Catacutan DC (2011) Improving community resilience to climate variability: Landcare impacts on the communities of Claveria, Misamis Oriental, Philippines. Reshaping Natures: Social impacts of environmental change on rural communities. LAP Lampbert Academic Publishing. pp. 85-107 ISBN-10 3845416793
- Gaillard JC, Liamzon CC, and Villanueva JD. (2007) ‘Natural’ disaster? A retrospect into the causes of the late-2004 typhoon disaster in Easter Luzon, Philippines. Environmental Hazards 7(4): 257-270. ISSN: 17477891 978-85-87459-79-4. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1747789106000329
- Espaldon MVO, Villanueva JD, Sanchez PJ, Tapia M. (2006). ICRAF Occasional Paper no. 4. Nairobi: World Agroforestry Centre.
- Espaldon MVO, Villanueva JD. (2004) Sustainable Development Framework (Chapter 2). Participatory Natural Resource Management for Sustainable Agriculture: A Resource Book by Espaldon MVO and MR Baltazar Ed. SANREM CRSP.
- Espaldon MVO, Villanueva JD. (2004) The state of the Philippine environment (Chapter 1). Participatory Natural Resource Management for Sustainable Agriculture: A Resource Book. Espaldon MVO and MR Baltazar Ed. SANREM CRSP. pages 3-46