John D. Njoku is a Professor of Environmental Change Management at the Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Nigeria. He holds a PhD degree in Geography and his research centers on Monitoring Environmental Changes and applied, tropical climatology.
He is a Research Fellow, the Earth System Governance Network. He was invited to the 1st and 2nd African Food Security Conference in 2013 and 2015 and Speaker at the International Conference on Applied Geo-informatics for Society and Environment in 2011 all in Kenya. He spoke at the Third African Leadership Conference on Space Science and Technology for Sustainable Development in Algeria, among others. He was Member, International Review Panel, 2019 Mexico Conference on Earth System Governance. He is Rapporteur of the Nigeria National Branch, Ecosystem Based Adaptation for Food Security in Africa Assembly. He is a member of the Nigerian Cartographic Association, Association of Nigerian Geographers and Nigerian Environmental Society. He is editor of Journal of Cartography and GIS and has published severally in Journals.
- JD Njoku, GT Amangabara & UD Nkogho: 2017. Temporal assessment of soil loss using the Revised Soil Loss Equation (RUSLE) model and geospatial techniques. Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research. Vol. 4 (6), pp. 1 – 14. www.jsaer.com
- Amangabara, GT;JD Njoku; & MC Iwuji: 2017. People’s perception of soil erosion and its implications in Imo State, Nigeria. Impact: International Journal of Research in Applied, Natural and Social Sciences, Vol.5 (12), pp.77 – 88. www.impactjournals.us
- Iwuji, MC; CP, Ibe, JD, Njoku; SO, Anyanwu; GT, Amangabara; N, Ac-Chukwuocha & KOE Ukaegbu: 2017. Analysis of land use and land cover dynamics in Orlu, Nigeria. Vol 4(1): 1-10. Article No..AJEE.34144, Asian Journal of Environment & Ecology
- Njoku, JD; KOE, Ukaegbu; IE, Osumgborogwu; AD, Ude; M. Telu: 2017. Correlate mapping of impervious surfaces as flood risk assessment strategy in Owerri, southeastern. Vol. 2(4): 1-11, Article no. AJEE.33974. DOI: 10.9734/AJEE/2017/33974. Asian Journal of Environment & Ecology Asian Journal of Environment & Ecology SCIENCEDOMAIN International
- Njoku, JD, TE Ebe and AO Enem: 2016. Analysis of heavy metals contamination by artisanal refining plants in the Nigeria Delta Region, southern Nigeria. British Journal of Environmental Sciences Vol. 4, (3) pp. 39 – 48, European Centre for Research, Training and Development, United Kingdom (www.eajournals.org)
- Njoku, JD, Ukaegbu KO, Amangabara GT, Iwuji MC and Anyanwu JC: 2015. Correlation of impervious surfaces and ambient temperature variation in Owerri, southeastern Nigeria. Journal of Renewal and Alternative Energy Technologies, Vol. 1, Nat. Centre for Energy Res. & Dev, Univ. of Nigeria, Nsukka. Pp. 115 – 123
- Climate crises: Our cause, our loss – Presented to the entire faculty and all interested members of the FUTO University community, June 27, 2019 Tour Guide, BBC World Service Trust (http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/trust) Project: Climate Change Impacts in Eastern Nigeria http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/trust/what we do/ where/africa/nigeria/2009/01/090127_nekede_erosion_slideshow.shtml