Larissa Basso is a postdoctoral fellow at Stockholm University, member of the interdisciplinary initiative Environmental Research in the Human Sciences. Her research focuses on commitment to sustainability transitions, especially energy-related climate action. Issues such as engagement with climate change mitigation, actors interaction in policymaking and how institutional frameworks affect the results are particularly interesting to her.
In her PhD thesis, from University of Brasilia, she demonstrated how domestic variables affect international pledges on climate change and how the dynamics of climate action in Brazil has influenced the Brazilian trajectory in the climate regime. Research interests: global environmental governance; sustainability transitions; the politics of decarbonization; effectiveness; energy governance; climate change; BRICS; G20; emerging economies; Brazil.
Peer reviewed publications
- BASSO, Larissa (2019): Brazilian energy-related climate (in)action and the challenge of deep decarbonization. Revista Brasileira de Política Internacional, v. 62, n. 02. DOI: 10.1590/0034-7329201900202
- BASSO, Larissa (2018): Domestic determinants of international cooperation: an analysis of the intricate relationship between energy politics and climate change mitigation. Available at .
- BASSO, Larissa and VIOLA, Eduardo (2017): From co-leader to loner: Brazilian wavering positions in climate negotiations. In Liz-Rejane Issberner and Philippe Lena (eds.), Brazil and the ecological crisis, Routledge/Taylor & Francis Group. DOI: 10.4324/9781315544069
- VIOLA Eduardo and BASSO, Larissa (2017): Low carbon green economy: Brazilian policies and politics of energy, 2003–2014. In Hans Günter Brauch et al (eds.), Handbook on Sustainability Transition and Sustainable Peace, the Hexagon Series on Human and Environmental Security and Peace, v. 10, Springer. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-43884-9_38
- VIOLA Eduardo and BASSO, Larissa (2016): Wandering decarbonization: the BRIC countries as conservative climate powers. Revista Brasileira de Política Internacional, v. 59, n. 01. DOI: 10.1590/0034-7329201600101
- VIOLA Eduardo and BASSO, Larissa (2016): O sistema internacional no Antropoceno, in: Revista Brasileira de Ciências Sociais, vol.31, n.92, e319201. DOI: 10.17666/319201/2016
- VIOLA Eduardo and BASSO, Larissa (2015): Brazilian Energy-Climate Policy and Politics towards Low Carbon Development”. Global Society, v. 29, n. 03. DOI: 10.1080/13600826.2015.1028904
- VIOLA Eduardo and BASSO, Larissa (2014): Earth Stewardship, Climate Change, and Low Carbon Consciousness: Reflections from Brazil and South America”, in: Earth Stewardship: linking ecology and ethics in theory and practice, Ricardo Tozzi et al (orgs.), New York, Springer. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-12133-8
- BASSO, Larissa and VIOLA, Eduardo (2014): Chinese energy policy progress and challenges in the transition to low carbon development, 2006-2013. Revista Brasileira de Política Internacional, v. 57, special edition, p. 174-192. DOI: 10.1590/0034-7329201400211
- VIOLA Eduardo and BASSO, Larissa (2014): Amazonian policy and politics, 2003-2013: deforestation, hydropower and biofuels. Norwegian Peacebuilding Resource Centre Report.