Full professor, Institute of Philosophy and Human Sciences (IFCH), Center of Environmental Studies and Research (NEPAM), University of Campinas (UNICAMP).
Research fields: public policies and environment, social theory and environment, interdisciplinarity, global environmental changes. I also participate in the Steering Committee of Environmental Studies and Research (NEPAM NEPAM-UNICAMP. Member of the International Sociological Association (ISA). Associate Member of the Faculty of Earth System Governance Project (IHDP). I was Visiting Professor Program in Top China Jiao Tong University in Sanghai, China (Summer Course, July-August 2009). It is ad hoc reviewer of Foundation to research the State of São Paulo (FAPESP),National Research Council (CNPq), Fulbright and the Earth System Governance. It is also ad hoc reviewer of the journals Environment and Society, History Science and Health, State and Society Multiciência; Brazilian journal of social sciences.During my career, received more than 30 major research funding agencies that sponsor research in Brazil (FAPESP, FINEP, CNPq and FAEPEX-UNICAMP), included for working in interdisciplinary researchs.
From 2006 to 2007, was a member of the Multidisciplinary Committee of CAPES. I was president of the National Association of Graduate Studies and Research in Environment and Society (ANPPAS) from 2004 to 2008. I held the following administrative positions: coordinator of NEPAM-UNICAMP, 2003 to 2005, was coordinator of the Doctoral Program in Environment and Society NEPAM-UNICAMP during 2004 to 2009, was coordinator of the Graduate IFCH-UNICAMP from 2000 to 2002 ; from 1998 to 2000 served as coordinator of the Doctoral Program in Social Sciences-UNICAMP IFCH and was head of the sociology department from 1993 to 1995. Representative UNICAMP with the State Council on the Environment (CONSEMA) since 2010.
- FERREIRA, LEILA (ORG). O DESAFIO DAS MUDANÇAS CLIMÁTICAS.OS CASOS BRASIL E CHINA. ED. PACO.FAPESP.2017. ISBN 978-85-462-0754-1
- FERREIRA, LC; MARTINELLI, M. Anthropocene: Governing Climate Change in China and Brazil. Sociology and Anthropology 4(12): 1084-1092, 2016 http://www.hrpub.org DOI: 10.13189/sa.2016.041207.
- FERREIRA, L.C.; BARBI, F. The Challenge of Global Environmental Change in the Anthropocene: An Analysis of Brazil and China. Chinese Political Science Review.Springer. INSS. 2365-4244. 2016.
- FERREIRA, L.C.; BARBI, F.; D’OTTAVIANO, M. Global Environmental Changes: environmental policies in China and Brasil. Tempo do Mundo – IPEA, v.2, n.1, janeiro de 2016.
- BARBI,F; FERREIRA, Leila & GUO, SUJIAN. Climate change challenges and China’s response: mitigation and governance. Journal of Chinese Governance. May. 2016. ISSN: 2381-2346
- BARBI,F; FERREIRA, Leila. Governing Climate Ghange Risks: Subnational Climate Policies in Brazil. Chinese Political Science. Springer. 2017.