Mi Sun Park is an Assistant Professor at the Graduate School of International Agricultural Technology (Pyeongchang Campus), Seoul National University in Republic of Korea. She hold a PhD in forest policy (thesis title: Media discourse in forest communication: The issue of forest conservation in the Korean and global media) from University of Göttingen, Germany. Previously she has worked as a researcher and research professor in the field of environmental policy at Research Institute of Agriculture and Life Science, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Seoul National University. She has given lectures on environmental policy, environmental management, forest policy, international cooperation, green space management and so on. Her major research interests are ‘governance’, ‘sustainability’, ‘communication’ and ‘eco-innovation’. Her research appeared at several international journals such as Forest Policy and Economics, Urban Forestry & Urban Greening, Forest Science and Technology and so on. She is working as a scoping expert in the field of Sustainable Use and Conservation of Biodiversity under IPBES (Intergovernmental Science-Policy Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services).
She has engaged in the international forest project ‘Transitions to Sustainable Forest Management and Rehabilitation in Asia-Pacific Region’ funded by APFNet (Asia-Pacific Network for Sustainable Forest Management and Rehabilitation), from November 2011 to October 2013. The project includes the case studies of forest transition in China, South Korea, India, Vietnam, the Philippines, Japan, Indonesia, Laos and Malaysia. She worked as a project manager of the international project ‘Capacity Development for Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation (REDD+) Readiness in Developing Countries (from February 2012 to June 2015)’ funded by UNDP, with five partner countries; China, Indonesia, Myanmar, Mongolia and the Philippines. She has conducted a research project on Eco-innovation in 51 ASEM (Asia-Europe Meeting) member countries funded by ASEM SMEs Eco-Innovation Center in 2016.
- Park, M., Bleischwitz, R., Han, K., Jang, E., Joo, J. (2017). Eco-Innovation Indices as Tools for Measuring Eco-Innovation. Sustainability, 9(12), 2206. https://doi.org/10.3390/su9122206
- Lee, Y., Rianti, I. P., Park, M. (2017). Measuring social capital in Indonesian community forest management. Forest Science and Technology, 13(3), 133-141. https://doi.org/10.1080/21580103.2017.1355335
- Kohsaka, R., Park, M., Uchiyama, Y. (2017). Beekeeping and honey production in Japan and South Korea: past and present. Journal of Ethnic Foods 4(2): 72-79. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jef.2017.05.002
- de Jong, W., Liu, J. Park, M., Camacho, L. (2017) Forest Transition in Asia: Trends and some theoretical implications. Forest Policy and Economics 76: 1-6. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.forpol.2016.11.007
- Park, M., Youn, Y. (2017) Reforestation policy integration by the multiple sectors toward forest transition in the Republic of Korea. Forest Policy and Economics 76: 45-55. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.forpol.2016.05.019
- Youn, Y. C., Choi, J., de Jong, W., Liu, J., Park, M., Camacho, L.D., Damayanti, E.D., Huu-dung, N., Tachibana, S., Bhojvaid, P.P., Wanneng, P., Mohd Shawahid, O. (2017) Conditions of Forest Transition in Asian Countries: A Qualitative Comparative Analysis. Forest Policy and Economics 76: 14-24. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.forpol.2016.07.005
- Park, M., Kleinschmit, D. (2016) Framing forest conservation in the global media: an interest-based approach. Forest Policy and Economics 68: 7-15 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.forpol.2016.03.010.
- Park, M., Lee, H. (2016) Legal opportunities for public participation in forest management in the Republic of Korea. Sustainability 8(4): 369. http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/su8040369
- Jo, J., Roh, T., Kim, S., Youn, Y., Park, M., Han, K., Jang, E. (2015) Eco-innovation for sustainability: Evidence from 49 countries in Asia and Europe. Sustainability 7(12): 16820-16835. http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/su71215849
- Jang, E., Park, M., Roh, T., Han, K. (2015) Policy Instruments for Eco-Innovation in Asian Countries. Sustainability 7(9): 12586-12614. http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/su70912586
- Park, M. (2015) Inter-Korean Forest Cooperation 1998-2012: A Policy Arrangement Approach. Sustainability 7(5): 5241-5259. http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/su7055241
- Park, M., Lee, H. (2014). Forest Policy and Law for Sustainability within the Korean Peninsula, Sustainability 6(8): 5162-5168. http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/su6085162
- Park, M., Koo, J., Jang, E., Choi, J. and Han, K. (2014) Incentives for vitalizing Korean forest carbon offset projects. Journal of Environmental Policy and Administration 22(2): 1-26 (in Korean, abstract in English)
- Park, M., Youn, Y. and Lee, H. (2013) Frames on climate change in Rhodong Shinmun and Minju Chosun as Two Major Print Media in the North Korea. Journal of Environmental Policy and Administration 21(4): 151-172 (in Korean, abstract in English)
- Park, M., Choi, E.S. and Youn, Y. (2013) REDD+ as an international cooperation strategy under the global climate change regime. Forest Science and Technology 9(4): 213-224. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/21580103.2013.846875
- Park, M. (2013) The dual role of media in environmental communication as a public sphere and political actors. Forest Science and Technology 9(1): 33-38. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/21580103.2012.759162
- Koo, J., Park, M. and Youn, Y. (2013) Preferences of urban dwellers on urban forest recreational services in South Korea. Urban Forestry and Urban Greening 12(2): 200-210. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ufug.2013.02.005
- Park, M. and Youn, Y. (2013) Legal institutions for enhancing and protecting forests as a carbon sink in Japan and the Republic of Korea. Forest Science and Technology 9(2): 72-80. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/21580103.2013.801171
- Park, M. and Youn, Y. (2013) Development of urban forest policy-making toward governance in the Republic of Korea. Urban Forestry and Urban Greening 12(3): 273-281. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ufug.2013.04.004
- Park, M. and Youn, Y. (2012) Traditional knowledge of Korean native beekeeping and sustainable forest management. Forest Policy and Economics 15: 37-45. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.forpol.2011.12.003
- Park, M. and Youn, Y. (2012) Development of South Korean REDD+ strategies for forest carbon credits, Journal of Environmental Policy and Administration 20(2): 19-48 (in Korean, abstract in English)
- Song, M., Park, M. and Youn, Y. (2012) Forest policy of Democratic People’s Republic of Korea represented in Rodong Shinmun. Journal of Environmental Policy 11(3): 123-148 (in Korean, abstract in English)
- Hong, S., Park, M., Kim, J. and Lee, S. (2007) A new approach to communication method in forest science and media type effects: an application of Elaboration Likelihood Model, Journal of Korean Forestry Society 96(4): 377-386 (in Korean, abstract in English)
- Kim, J., Park, M. and Tae, Y. (2006) Collaborative and participatory model for urban forest management: A case study of Daejisan in Korea, Journal of Korean Forestry Society 95(2): 149-154 (in English)
- Park, M. and Kim, J. (2002) A comparative study on environmental education curricula in the forest sciences of Korean and German universities, The Environmental Education 15(2): 49-60 (in Korean, abstract in English)
- Park, M., Ji, E. and Kim, J. (2001) Research into the evaluation framework of environmental education programs through lived experience: A case of ‘2001 Green Camp’, The Environmental Education 14(2): 51-67 (in Korean, abstract in English).