Muhammad Badrul Hasan is a PhD researcher at the Copernicus Institute of Sustainable Development, Utrecht University. He is pursuing PhD in the issue of governing the drinking water resource system in developing countries focusing in Bangladesh. With this, he aspires to assess the type of institutional arrangement leading to efficient governance of drinking water resource system in developing countries. His research interests include water governance, environmental governance, institutional analysis and common pool resource (CPR) management
Md. Badrul Hasan did Bachelor and Masters in political science department at the university of Dhaka, Bangladesh He is also an Assistant Professor at the department of Political Science in the University of Dhaka, Bangladesh. As a part of his responsibilities, he offered teaching on the courses related to governance, public policy, democracy and democratization. Now, he is in study leave for pursuing PhD study.
In addition, Muhammad Badrul Hasan has also been actively involved as research fellow and member of Microgovernance Research Initiative (MGR) and Earth System Governance (ESG).
- Hasan, M. B., Driessen, P. P., Majumder, S., Zoomers, A., & van Laerhoven, F. (2019). Factors Affecting Consumption of Water from a Newly Introduced Safe Drinking Water System: The Case of Managed Aquifer Recharge (MAR) Systems in Bangladesh. Water, 11(12), 2459.
- Hasan, M. B., Driessen, P., Zoomers, A., & Van Laerhoven, F. (2020). How can NGOs support collective action among the users of rural drinking water systems? A case study of Managed Aquifer Recharge (MAR) systems in Bangladesh. World Development, 126, 104710.
- Hasan, M. B., Driessen, P. P., Majumder, S., Zoomers, A., & van Laerhoven, F. (2020). A Community Management Plus Model for the Governance of Rural Drinking Water Systems: A Comparative Case Study of Pond Sand Filter Systems in Bangladesh. International Journal of the Commons, 14(1).
- Hasan, Muhammad Badrul & Sudip Roy (2016) ‘Globalization and Bangladesh Economy: A Critical Assessment’ Bangladesh Open University Journal, Vol-3
- Hasan, Muhammad Badrul (2015) ‘Civil Society and Democratic Governance in Bangladesh: Opportunities and Challenges’ Bangladesh Political Science Review, Volume 11, Number 1
- Hasan, Muhammad Badrul, Munira Sultana& Md. Nazmul Hasan (2014) ‘Good Governance in Bangladesh: Problems and Prospects’ UITS Journal, Bangladesh, Volume 6
- Hasan, Muhammad Badrul (2013) ‘Parliamentary Democracy in Bangladesh: A Critical Assessment’. Bangladesh Political Science Review, Volume 9, Number 1
- Hasan, Muhammad Badrul (2013). ‘State of Governance in Bangladesh: A Critical Assessment from Institutional Perspective’. Journal of Dhaka University Studies, Bangladesh, Volume.- 70 Number 1
- Ahsan, Tanvir & Hasan, Muhammad Badrul (2012). ‘Independence of Higher Judiciary in Bangladesh: Rhetoric or Reality: A Critical Study’ Journal of Media, Communication and Culture, Bangladesh, Issue-02
- Hasan, Muhammad Badrul (2008). ‘PRGF Programme in Bangladesh: An Assessment’ BIISS Journal, Bangladesh, Volume 29 Number 1