Dr Andrew Onwumele is a Research Fellow with the Nigerian Institute of Social and Economic Research (NISER). He has a particular interest in sustainable Rural Livelihoods & socio-economic analysis, community development, vulnerability assessment, livelihoods analysis, participatory Rural appraisal and community needs Assessment, Poverty Reduction Strategies, climate change and adaptation strategies among rural households.
Present research includes: Impact of climate change on rural households, response strategies of Rural households to climate particularly coastal communities in the Niger-Delta, environmental degradation, biodiversity loss, gender and Environment, spatial pattern of rural development, socio-economic and community analysis, Rural infrastructure, rural non-farm farm sector among other rural issues.
- Zdruli, P; Helming, K; Onwuemele, A., Zamani, L. (2019): Land and Soil Policy. The sixth Global Environment Outlook, UNEP 2019 2.
- Olorunfemi, F. and Onwuemele, A. (2018). Process and Project Failures in Dam Building in Nigeria. The case of Zamfara Hydropower Dam in Giuseppina and Frauke (ed). Chinese Hydropower Development in Africa and Asia. Challenges and Opportunities for sustainable Global Building. United Kingdom, pp. 130-144 3.
- Onwuemele, A (2017). Disaster Risk Reduction: Appraisal of the Implementation of the HYOGO Framework of Action (HFA) in Nigeria in Adeboyejo et al., (ed.). Sustainable Environmental Management and Planning in Nigeria, Faculty of Environmental Science, Ladokeb Akintola University of technology, Ogbomoso, Nigeria. pp. 244-260 4.
- Adeoti. O.J, Onwuemele, A. Aluko, Y, Okuwa., O and Osigwe, A. (2016). Universities as Agents of Innovation for Inclusive Development: Case studies of University Interaction with Marginalised Communities in Nigeria. NISER, Ibadan, Nigeria
- Onwuemele, A. (2018). Understanding Information Communication Strategies Among Farmers for Effective Utilization of Climate Research and Forecast in the Niger-Delta, Nigeria. Journal of Research in Social Sciences and Humanities, Vol. 12, pp. 45-55. United States 16.
- Onwuemele, A. (2018). Documenting Indigenous Knowledge of Climate Change, Coping and Mitigation Mechanisms: The Case of the Niger-Delta, Nigeria. Developing Countries Studies, Vol. 8. No. 11, 45-55, United States 17.
- Onwuemele A (2018). Determinants of Access and Utilization of Climate Services among Vulnerable Communities: A Case Study of Isoko Communities in Delta State, Nigeria. Climate Change, 2018, 4(16), 734-742, UK 18.
- Onwuemele, A. (2018). Achieving sustainable development goals (SDGs) through environmental education in Nigeria. International Journal of Research and Environmental Studies, 5 48-55, U.K 19.
- Onwuemele, A. (2018). Public Perception of Flood Risks and Disaster Preparedness in Lagos Megacity, Nigeria. Academic Journal of Interdisciplinary Studies, vol 7. Pp. 179-185, Rome, Italy 20.
- Onwuemele, A. (2018). University-Community Engagement in Nigeria: Evidence from Selected Universities. Mediterranean Journal of, Social Sciences, vol. 9. No. 5, pp.29-49, Rome, Italy