Tatiana Kluvankova is professor of management and the chair of the CETIP collaborative network and the Laboratory of Experimental Social Sciences (VEEL) (www.cetip.sk) that emerged as product of cooperation with Prof. Elinor Ostrom in 2007 and partnerhip with the Centre for the Study of Institutional Diversity (CSID) at Arizona State University. CETIP mission is introducing innovations from institutional ecological and behavioural economics into interdisciplinary research and education, public debate and policy making in Central and Eastern Europe. CETIP has recently become a Research Centre of the Earth System Governance project organized under the Future Earth initiative.
Prof. Kluvankova is ecological institutional economist concentrating on transdisciplinary collaboration between natural and social sciences under the conditions of complexity and uncertainty. Her current research interests include earth system governance, in particular commons and ecosystem service governance to trigger behavioural change for sustainability in biodiversity, as well as climate change applied to urban areas and marginalised regions. Her work has been published in journals including Land Use Policy, Science, Current Opinion in Environmental Sustainability, Ecological Economics, Environment and Planning C, Biodiversity and Conservation, and MIT press. Her HI is 9. Prof. Kluvankova teach and conduct research at the SPECTRA Centre of Excellence, Bratislava, associated with the Institute of Forest Ecology Slovak Academy of Sciences, the Slovak University of Technology and Faculty of Management Comenius University.
Prof. Kluvankova served as member of the Scientific Committee of the International Human Dimension Program on Global Environmental Change (IHDP) (2003 – 2008), and CzechGlobe (since 2013). She is a member of the International Society for Ecological Economics (ISEE) since 1996, vice-president of European Society for Ecological Economics (ESEE) 2010-2015 and recently elected as the member of the board of the ISEE. In the policy area she acts as a member of the IPBES expert group on “Policy support tools and methodologies”, and the national committee on MAES under the EEA.
In education Prof. Kluvankova has been leading PhD courses on multiple methods in interdisciplinary research and academic paper writing at the Faculty of Natural Sciences and Faculty of Management Comenius University Bratislava and Slovak University of Technology. Master courses on ecological economics, commons and global change, supervising MSc (9) and 12 PhD. students (7 defended, 5 in studies).
She was also the member of Programme committee: European Science Foundation Junior Summit “Water: Unite and Divide. Interdisciplinary approaches for a sustainable future” (27-31 August2012, Stresa, Italy) and coordinated Marie Currie summer school Institutional Analyses of Sustainability Problems, Stara Lesna in 2007 (project THEMES) and 2 Marie Curie fellows under the project Governat (2007-2010). As the chair of educational committee of the European Society for Ecological Economics she has coordinated open series of transdisciplinary and collaborative Training Institutes on Ecological Economics aimed at early career researchers, practitioners and decision- makers in Europe.
Profile at research gate: www.researchgate.net/profile/Tatiana_Kluvankova-Oravska
- Kluvankova, T. Gezik, V: . SURVIVAL OF COMMONS? INSTITUTIONS FOR ROBUST FOREST SOCIAL-ECOLOGICAL SYSTEMS. Journal of Forest Economics (2016), DOI 10.1016/j.jfe.2016.01.002
- Finka, Maroš – Kluvánková-Oravská, Tatiana: Managing complexity of urban systems : A polycentric approach In: Land Use Policy. – Vol. 42. (2015), s. 602-608
- Kluvánková-Oravská, Tatiana – Chobotová, Veronika – Smolková, Eva : The challenges of policy convergence: the Europeanization of biodiversity governance in an enlarging EU. In: Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy. – Vol. 31 (2013), s. 401-413
- F. Biermann, K. Abbott, S. Andresen, K. Bäckstrand, S. Bernstein, M. M. Betsill, H. Bulkeley, B. Cashore, J. Clapp, C. Folke, A. Gupta, J. Gupta, P. M. Haas, A. Jordan, N. Kanie, T. Kluvánková-Oravská,L. Lebel, D. Liverman, J. Meadowcroft, R. B. Mitchell, P. Newell, S. Oberthür, L. Olsson, P. Pattberg, R. Sánchez-Rodríguez, H. Schroeder, A. Underdal, S. Camargo Vieira, C. Vogel, O. R. Young, A. Brock, R. Zondervan. Navigating the Anthropocene: Improving Earth System Governance. SCIENCE 16 MARCH 2012, VOL 335, 1306-1307, 10.1126/science.1217255
- Frank Biermann, Kenneth Abbott, Steinar Andresen, Karin Backstrand, Steven Bernstein, Michele M Betsill, Harriet Bulkeley, Benjamin Cashore, Jennifer Clapp, Carl Folke, Aarti Gupta, Joyeeta Gupta, Peter M Haas, Andrew Jordan, Norichika Kanie, Tatiana Kluvankova -Oravská, Louis Lebel, Diana Liverman, James Meadowcroft, Ronald B Mitchell, Peter Newell, Sebastian Oberthur, Lennart Olsson, Philipp Pattberg, Roberto Sanchez-Rodrıguez, Heike Schroeder, Arild Underdal, Susana Camargo Vieira, Coleen Vogel, Oran R Young, Andrea Brock, Ruben Zondervan: Transforming governance and institutions for global sustainability: key insights from the Earth System Governance Project. In: Current Opinion in Environmental Sustainability 2012 :1–10
- Bíziková, Lívia – Kluvánková-Oravská, Tatiana – Nijnik, Maria : Sustaining multifunctional forestry through the developing of social capital and promoting participation : a case of multiethnic mountain communities In: Small-scale Forestry. – Vol. 11, Iss. 3 (2012), s. 301-319
- Dawson, Terence P. – Rounsevell, Mark D. A. – Kluvánková-Oravská, Tatiana – Chobotová, Veronika – Stirling, Andrew: Dynamic properties of complex adaptive ecosystems: implications for the sustainability of serviceprovision In: Biodiversity and Conservation. – Vol. 19, No. 10 (2010), s. 2843-2853
- Harrington, Richard – Anton, Christian – Dawson, Terence P. – de Bello, Francesco – Feld, Christian K. – Haslett, John R. – Kluvánková-Oravská, Tatiana – Kontogianni, Areti – Lavorel, Sandra – Luck, Gary W. – Rounsevell, Mark D. A.- Samways, Michael J. – Settele, Josef – Skourtos, Michalis – Spangenberg, Joachim H. – Vandewalle, Marie – Zobel, Martin – Harrison, Paula A.: Ecosystem services and biodiversity conservation: concepts and a glossary In: Biodiversity and Conservation. – Vol. 19, No. 10 (2010), s. 2773-2790
- Slavíková, Lenka – Kluvánková-Oravská, Tatiana – Jílková, Jiřina: Bridging theories on environmental governance: Insights from free-market approaches and institutional ecological economics perspectives In: Ecological Economics. – Vol. 69, No. 7 (2010), s. 1368-1372
- Kluvánková-Oravská, Tatiana – Chobotová, Veronika – Banaszak, Ilona – Slavíková, Lenka – Trifunovová, Sonja: From government to governance for biodiversity : the perspective of Central and Eastern European transitioncountries In: Environmental Policy and Governance. – Vol. 19, No. 3 (2009), s. 186-196
- Paavola, Jouni – Gouldson, Andrew – Kluvánková-Oravská, Tatiana: Interplay of actors, scales, frameworks and regimes in the governance of biodiversity In: Environmental Policy and Governance. – Vol. 19, No. 3 (2009), s. 148-158