Keep your profile up to date
Having a personal profile on the Earth System Governance website can greatly increase your visibility (and searchability) online as a researcher and expert. Make sure that your personal profile is up to date, as well as optimized for the ‘find an expert’ function by following the steps below.
Edit your details
- Fill in a short, public-friendly biography of maximum 200 words in your Profile. The biography can be written in the first or third person. Here, you can describe the social contribution of your research and/or what you are involved with on a daily basis, among other things.
- If you have a good quote that describes your research, starting with that will give a strong impression on your page.
- Upload a headshot of yourself. (It might help you to be recognized as well at the annual conferences!)
- Filling in your scientific expertise ensures that you can be found in your field more quickly. Note: a journalist will search for ‘popular’ terms such as drought, sustainable city or fair food.
- If you (also) work under a Taskforce or Working Group, please include this.
- If you are active on social media you can add a link to your Twitter Profile.
- Make sure to state your Open Researcher and Contributor ID (ORCID) in the field to connect your recent research. This is a more user-friendly way to link your recent publications, rather than updating your bio with publications.