An economist with particular expertise in group behaviour in socio-ecological interactions. Research interests relate to the understanding and measurement of herd-behaviour and social norms, their impact on individual decision-making, well-being and resource entitlements. Her current research projects evolve around sustainable earnings, group inequality mapping, and cross-disciplinary approaches to climate justice.
- (2021) “Sustainable earnings: how can herd-behaviour on financial accumulation feed into a resilient economic system”, with D. Sguotti, Sustainability, 13(11), 5776; https://doi.org/10.3390/su13115776
- (2021) “A Regenerative Business Model with Flexible, Modular and Scalable Processes in A Post-Covid Era: The Case of The Spinning Mesh Disc Reactor (SMDR)” with Emanuelsson, Emma A.C.; and Shivaprasad, Parimala. Sustainability 13(12): 6944; https://doi.org/10.3390/su13126944
- (2021) “Gender, Financial Crisis and Labor Markets”, in K. Zimmermann (eds), Handbook of Labor, Human Resources and Population Economics, Springer Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-57365-6_29-1
- (2020) “Mitigating Stakeholder Marginalisation With the Relational Self”, with K. Bondy, Journal of Business Ethics, 165, 67–82, DOI: 10.1007/s10551-018-4085-x, open access.
- (2019) “Economic shocks on Subjective Well-being: Re-assessing the determinants of life-satisfaction in the UK after the 2008 financial crisis”, with D. Wu and Z. Wu, Journal of Happiness Studies, DOI: 10.1007/s10902-018-9986-y, open access.
- “Identity Economics Meets Financialisation: Gender, Race, and Occupational Stratification in the US Labour Market”, with P. Arestis and G. Fontana, Cambridge Journal of Economics, 2014, 38(6): 1471-1491.
- “Financialisation, the Great Recession and the Stratification of the US Labour Market”, with P. Arestis and G. Fontana, Feminist Economics, 2013, 19(3): 152-180
- “Fairness and Wages in Mexico’s Maquiladora Industry: an Empirical Analysis on Labour Demand and the Gender Wage Gap”, Review of Social Economy, 2011, 69(1):1-28
- “India, China and the East Asian Miracle: a Human Capital Approach to Inequalities”, with G. Fontana and A. Srivastava, Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy and Society, 2011, 4(1): 29-48